1 in 4 women and 1 in 10 men have been the victim of severe physical violence by an intimate partner. 90% of victims are women, and a woman is eight times more likely to be killed by her male partner than a man. This site hopes to empower women to take steps to rewrite their stories. We will tell women’s stories.
This project in no way means to minimize the experience of male survivors of domestic and sexual violence. We have all suffered. We have all sustained.
The National Domestic Violence Hotline recommends these resources for male survivors:
- Male Survivor provides resources to male survivors of sexual trauma
- Safe Place in Austin, TX provides services and shelter for male victims of sexual assault and domestic violence. We can help you locate shelters in your area, where available.
- Center Against Domestic Violence, based in New York City, offers information and support for male victims
- Helpguide.org: Help for Abused Men
- Lambda’s Anti-Violence Project provides support and resources to LGBTQ victims of violence