- Calling you names, insulting you or continually criticizing you;
- Trying to isolate you from family or friends;
- Acting jealous, mistrustful, or possessive or even accusing you of cheating;
- Demanding to know where you are every minute;
- Withholding affection as a way of punishment;
- Threatening to hurt you, your family or your pets;
- Humiliating you;
- Blaming you for the abuse;
- Cheating on you and then blaming you for his or her behavior;
- Trying to control what you wear;
- Telling you that you are lucky to be with a person like them and you will never find anyone better?
If any of these behaviors sounds familiar you could be in an emotional abusive relationship.